15mm to 22mm with pump.

Sponsored Links
ok - yep its all new to me so was planning on monitoring water level in cistern for the first 'shower'.. the pump i am looking at has dry run protection anyway so the worst i should suffer is reverting back to my dribble... softus do you think the mix of 15mm pipe work will be okay?

tomatokinglover said:
softus do you think the mix of 15mm pipe work will be okay?
I have my doubts. I presume you've read ChrisR's post?

If you can run 22mm from the cistern to the pump then I recommend that you do that - I don't have any Salamander MIs here but I'd expect that this is also what they recommend.

Sponsored Links
ok softus - great - thanks for advice (and chrisR) - cistern to pump is 10ft straight in 15mm will rip out tomorrow and stick in 22mm its no big deal i don't think (even for worlds worst plumber - moi) will leave from pump to bath/shower as 15mm and fingers crossed... thanks e-body.

Watch where you take the hot from too - if it sucks air down the vent you'll be in trouble.
Saw an ESP which was the second to fail in 3 months. Mfr came and condemned the installation. I couldn't see why it should make the pump leak so phoned them. Asked if xyz would be ok and the guy said no, could damage pump and make it leak. QED. It leaks from both ends too.

3 bar might give you more than 20 l/min, by the way.
If you have decent mains and swap the inlet valve on the CW cistern for say a Fluidmaster (or even 2 in parallel), it won't be far behind the shower flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back