Shower 1 pressure drop when other Shower 2 is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New here. Need some serious help.

Just build a new house. When taking shower at any of kids showers(3 of them), (which are on the same floor as Master bath); if the Master shower is on; the kids shower pressure drops 20-30%. Master always has VERY good pressure with or without other showers are on.

The plumber thinks the "valve" at kids shower is defective. Those are pretty expensive shower set. I can't image all 1 or 3 of the shower valves is bad. I dont understand why shower valve can cause that.

I have inconsistent water temperature ever since the house is built. Hot water comes out of Hot Faucet for 20 seconds or so before it turns cold sometimes. Plumber is blaming it bad "shower valve" (that cause the crossing of the hot and cold water). I did have to change a shower valve Cartilage which has major hard water buildup in short 8 months. Perhaps, other cartilage are bad and causing all this temperature in consistency and drop of pressure?

The plumber use 1-1/2" line from Existing 1" water meter. Could that be the problem? (that the water meter is under size). The water press is tested at 55 ppi before anything is on. Is that normal?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back