shower/bath mix replacement

dk3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. have had decent advice here in the past so thanks for any replies.Recently noticed when having shower that when I added cold water some cold water also came through the bath tap, took the mixer lever off to get to taps and see if it was a washer but the screw snapped before I got the lever off resulting in the lever in a permanent off position so cant have baths at the moment. Is this repairable or do I need to replace the whole tap/mixer set, its one of the old cradle style ones so ideally would like to repair. If not are these sets easily available? Would I just buy one and get a plumber to come out install. Any ideas on cost of both tap/mix set and for getting the job done. Apologies for lack of terminology, long post and generally not knowing enough about it!!

Sponsored Links
A neighbour has one of these traditional style bath shower mixers, with selector lever and shower on a cradle.

It also had a selector fault. It was an Ideal standard tap, and a new selector valve and lever was available from them.

If you know what make the tap is, you may be able to get parts. If not, it could be tricky. These taps are widely available, unbranded or branded. You usually get what you pay for.

thanks Whitespirit, plumber has fixed for me now, new o ring needed, I have permanently damaged lever but just means it comes off when using but I can live with that to keep the old taps in place, cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back