Shower/Bath Mixer no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help, i moved into my house a couple of years back now. There was a new bath shower mixer tap in place. the water from taps is ok but when i use the shower attachment there is no pressure in the shower and when i lift it up the water has real trouble in coming out of the shower at all. Would the problem be with tap itself as in it is cheap or is the water pressure in my house not enough . The system is gravity fed...

Please help. do i need a new shower mixer unit...

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Hi - Almost certainly a pressure problem. Gravity fed from coldwater storage in the loft? Yes? The cistern is probably just resting on the ceiling joists. Raising the cistern higher in the loft, assuming you have the room is an option.

Nice, the answer is yes it is....i have a liitle look, how much higher do you think it needs to be in the loft.....say 10cm or higher...

thanks for the help

James....

Sponsored Links
As high as you can go whilst still being able to service and insulate the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back