Shower booster pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
Just some info needed, I have been told by a plumbing company that i need a shower booster pump ( i agree on this as my shower is fed from a the HW tank) they said the pump needs to be fitted at the cylinder. As i have not much room and thinking ahead and work that has to be carried out on the pump will be difficult. Can any one tell me why it has to be fitted near the cylinder and not under the bath before the shower inlet, which i thought would be the easist option

Thanks

Sponsored Links
u can buy a hot water pump that looks like a standard heating pump from plumb center cost about £65 plus 2 pump vavles £7 and connect up to hot water supply to boost hot water should work a treat and can fit under bath

dont you mean a secondary circulating pump, designed for circulating long hot water draw offs and needing a secondaery return on the cylinder. if so, for bar pressure your better off with a shower pump.

Sponsored Links
As clf says, seperate outlet needed for hot and cold intakes on pump. Hot from cylinder, cold from cold storage in loft. Inlet pressures must be balanced

it's important to connect a shower direct to hot and cold supply tanks via a shower pump so the pump does not suck in air with the water as this will cause the shower to spit and splutter there is a special dip tube connection for the hot cylinder and a standard speed fit connection will do for the cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back