Shower Colder Than Normal Tripped Mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was showering the other night when the power went off. I reset the trip switch and went back in the shower.

Before the power cut, the shower, a Triton T80xr, was on number 5, a good compromise of flow and heat. After resetting the trip switch, it now needs to be on 8 to get the same heat but now has nowhere near the flow. If I set it at 5, the water is cold.

Do I need a new heater or thermostat or anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Concur. Showers have two elements, low is no elements, medium is one element, high is both. Sounds like you have lost one.

Heater can replacements are available, but for your shower, a new shower would be recommended.

Sponsored Links
I did it when I lived at my parents house, just because I could do it myself. It may or may not be worth it, if the shower is old get a new one as other parts could be onn their way out. If you are confident enough to be able to safely fit it yourself it then go for it, it is less work than fitting a new shower. Support the terminals with pliers when you tighten the screws or you risk breaking them off.
If the element had blown, would the water still get hot albeit at a slower flow rate?
See Lectricians reply.

Ok, new shower then.

If I replaced it with a Triton Cara, is it likely the 1/2" of pipe sticking out of the wall would line up?

You'll have to check the manual to see if the water inlet positions match, but most tritons will be similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back