Shower cubicle renovation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Newbie here.
I am presently part-way through renovating an alcove shower cubicle. So far, I have removed the original tiling and tile adhesive and removed the old shower tray and mixer. The walls are stud and plasterboard and were originally plastered before tiling. In removing the adhesive, some of the top layer of plaster has come off here and there. I would like to patch these up before continuing. Should I seal (with PVA?) the areas I intend to patch-up? Also, should I seal the plaster before applying the tile adhesive?
I need to re-secure the plasterboard in places and there are gaps in the internal corners. Should I re-plaster the corners and use scrim tape or should there be allowance for movement. If so, how do I ensure that the corners are waterproof?
My shower tray has three upstands and I have removed the plasterboard at a low level to fit the tray. I am intending that the new tiles will overlap the upstands. Is any preparation required of the bare plaster edges of the plasterboard? I imagine I need to ensure 110% that no water can get in here.
Thanks for your help.
Ian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back