Shower curtain rail is sagging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower curtain rail with a 90° curve; the ends fit into sockets which are screwed into the walls. The rail is positioned approximately 16cm from the ceiling.

My problem is that the rail sags by roughly a further 15cm at the curve and is not very sturdy. As only I live in the house and I know about it, it's not a problem ... but I have friends coming to stay soon and I am worried that one of them might injure themselves if they unconsciously pull at the curtain and bring down the rail.

Centre brackets would normally support a rail of this type, but I can't find one with a 16cm drop which would allow it to be screwed into the ceiling to add support. The biggest drop I have found is about 6cm.

I am very reluctant to re-position the rail as irrespective of having to drill new holes in my tiles, the curtain is currently only just long enough to reach the rim of the bath.

Any advice please? Are centre brackets with a greater drop available? If so, which are the stockists (I've tried a couple of DIY shops)? If not, would it be possible to have a bracket welded to extend it?

Sponsored Links
How about just using a sufficiently large brass munsen ring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back