Shower door hard water stains??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have what looks like hard water stains on my shower door. I’ve used everything including bicarbonate and white vinegar, HG mould remover and lime scale. Nothing works.

Any advice or shall I just splash out on some new glass no pun intended

Attachments

• 84AD864B-530F-47D3-BF8B-9130AB40B129.jpeg
    84AD864B-530F-47D3-BF8B-9130AB40B129.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Lime Lite, the spray foam one.
You need something gloopy enough to stay there. Bicarb is alkali and you need acid.
Mould remover could be mostly bleach which will oxidise, but you already have an oxide ;)

Vinegar's a bit weedy.

It's messy, but if you stick tissue paper to the glass with the descaler, it'll hold the active liquid for longer. 10 mins should do.
An abrasive cleaning sponge - the type you CAN use on non stick pans, will help once the jizzzm has had a chance to dissolve the scale. Or a nail brush.

try a limescale remover - Domestos limescale toilet cleaner is a good one - others are available of course.

Havent used it on glass but Kil-Rock do a thick-ish gel in a tub with a brush to apply it fixed to the lid.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring up an old thread but as it's the same issue as I have I thought I'd post here. I've just used Viakal on my glass shower door
a couple of times and it didn't work. Then I used Cillit Bang Power Cleaner 100% Limescale Remover and that didn't work. I've still got a glass door completely covered in a mottled pattern of hard water, only looking vaguely cleaner than it did before. Admittedly I haven't cleaned it properly for a long time other than a quick wipe down after each shower, so I've let it build up.

It seems to be the inside of the glass door that has it. I do have a couple of bottles of Domestos Zero Toilet Limescale Remover and a bottle of Harpic Power Plus 10X. Since Justin Passing mentioned 'gloopy' and Madrab mentioned Domestos I suppose I should try it as it's acidic? I've got those square non scratch scourers, yellow sponge one side and white abrasive on the other, will that do?

20240213_153034.jpg20240213_153136.jpg

Kilrock limescale remover. Powerful, and only use it if you can open the windows / get good ventilation. Its a liquid so use paper or similar to get it to stick to the glass. They do a gel one but I haven't found it much use.

Kilrock limescale remover. Powerful, and only use it if you can open the windows / get good ventilation. Its a liquid so use paper or similar to get it to stick to the glass. They do a gel one but I haven't found it much use.
Thanks. This one?

I'll try my Domestos first and if it doesn't work I'll get some Kilrock. I'd be surprised if there's anything stronger than Domestos or Harpic though considering they're acidic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back