Shower door runner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Having a bit of a nightmare with our shower cubicle sliding door. Somehow the runners have come away from the frame, heres pics of the door:

DoorTop.jpg
DoorBot.jpg
Runner1.jpg

One of the top runners has come away completely from the frame, and one of the bottom runners is stick in the frame like this diagram:

RunnerCAD.jpg

The frame is so stiff, i cannot seem to get the runners in or out, there does not seem to be any play at all. Anyone got any tips on how to pop these back in place?

Cheers
martin

Sponsored Links
Remove all the runners from the door using and allen key then refit the runners into the frame and refit the door. 2 man job is easiest.

Remove all the runners from the door using and allen key then refit the runners into the frame and refit the door. 2 man job is easiest.

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick reply :)

To do this, I will need to take the whole frame including the glass etc and its sealed against the wall, is this the only way to do this? :( is a big job

Cheers
Martin

Shouldn't have to take out the frame, once the runners are off they should be able to fit to the frame in situ, I have never known to have to fit the runners into the frame prior to fitting the frame. I think once you remove them you will see what I mean.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't have to take out the frame, once the runners are off they should be able to fit to the frame in situ, I have never known to have to fit the runners into the frame prior to fitting the frame. I think once you remove them you will see what I mean.

Sorry, I think i misread your original reply. I have taken the runners from the door, but I cannot seem to get the runners into the frame, the frame is too stiff to click the runner into place. Does that make sense?

New one on me.... is there a releaf at the end of the frame to allow the runners to engage?

Dont really know how to help you in that case, without taking the frame out it may mean a bodge job but I am not into suggesting that. The only other thing I havn't mentioned is maybe you fit the runner into the frame at the top side push up and in then let it drop into place. These things are made so that you can replace faulty runners but by the looks of yours that is not the case..

The only other thing I havn't mentioned is maybe you fit the runner into the frame at the top side push up and in then let it drop into place. These things are made so that you can replace faulty runners but by the looks of yours that is not the case..

Yeah, tried to to that, but the frame is SOOO stiff, I cannot do that, such a crap shower cubicle :(

Oh well, looks like you are going to have to bite the bullet and remove the frame, maybe buy yourself a nice new one, er in doors may like that lol.... the only other thing is maybe give it a bit of enginuity and file out at the end of the track to fit in the runners. If so use a bit of thought and take into account how far the door travels on the runners and if what you do effects them in use, don't want the door falling off again.

Oh well, looks like you are going to have to bite the bullet and remove the frame, maybe buy yourself a nice new one, er in doors may like that lol.... the only other thing is maybe give it a bit of enginuity and file out at the end of the track to fit in the runners. If so use a bit of thought and take into account how far the door travels on the runners and if what you do effects them in use, don't want the door falling off again.

Thanks for all your help. Its a rented house, so dont want to be spending money on it. Might have a look at doing your suggestion, making sure I dont cut an area where the runners go, lol. Thanks again mate

No probs only glad I may have helped,

PS if it is a rented place sort out the land lord and get him to fix the problem, if he wasn't such a tight arse when he had the shower fitted he wouldn't then have the problem...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back