uPVC sliding doors too small for frame and fall out !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a property in Spain and the wooden windows were replaced 6 years ago with uPVC.

There is one window which is a sliding patio door which I can shake with very little force out of the frame. They are both approximately 0.5cm too small. The company who fitted the window has gone out of business so there is no guarantee. They do open and close but sometimes they come off the runner at the top.

I have been quoted 935 euro to replace with the correct size windows..... (2 sliding panes).

Firstly... is this a fair quote?

Secondly .... is there a way to adjust the frame or raise the height of the runners on the bottom (or top) and keep the existing windows? Would it be cheaper to take the frame out and manufacture and install a smaller frame? I guess it be cheaper than replacing the glass doors?

Appreciate any assistance.

View media item 43616

Sponsored Links
Slide the window open and look up where the wheels are there should be a screw to raise the sash up and down, there should also be one at the other end :)

Hi Arambol, From the look of you photo it looks like the sealed units have come out and not the frames, At the bottom of the sash that opens, there should be a hole roughly about 13/15 mm round. if you look inside that hole you will see an adjusting screw( normally pozy drive) if you turn it clockwise it will raise the door. reverseing it will lower the door. you must turn them both the same amount to keep the door square in its opening. As for the units coming out, they should have beads that keep the units in place. Hope this helps

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back