shower door seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the plastic seal has given up on my shower door, i have asked about buying a replacement at a couple of DIY stores and they say you can't buy them and the best bet is to go back to whoever installed it / the maunfators - The shower cubicle was here when I moved in so i don't who did it - is there really no-where you can buy this bit of plastic!

Sponsored Links
a good independant plumbing merchant should shock some lengths of door seal. Take the door with you if you can or take the make, a picture or draw a cross section of the seal and measure its length.

thanks I 'll find a plumbers merchants in yellow pages - I appreciate you taking the time to amswer what must seem a very simple question - single woman hey!

Sponsored Links
whats the worry
female or male single or not we all have problems trying to source spares
dont help when you dont know make model etc
this is why forums are popular :D

Newkid, is it a hinged door ? If so, these doors can be fitted as either left or right hand opening. If your fitting it and it is in one (left or right) position, you can fit it in the opposite (left or right) merely by turning the door upside down making the hinges go to the other side. The point of this is that because it can be fitted either way it has the same plastic seal at top and bottom for that eventuality (only need it at the bottom). Therefore if you think you are capable of replacing the plastic seal if you had a new one, just look at the top of the door and you will find an unused one waiting for you. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back