Shower Drama - Please help!!

I've just had a dig around on google and it would appear that the British Gas 542 is a Worcester 42CDi!

Here's some further information --> http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in...-systems/greenstar-42cdi/technical-data-table

When you say 'system boiler' I assume you actually mean 'combi', or are you having an unvented cylinder as well?

I don't feel I am knowledgeable enough to comment on the price quoted, so I won't.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that!
Yeah, that's all the same bumph I've got.
as far as I know, it doesn't have a tank.....it just said "system boiler" on the sheet I was given. I'm taking it that you know this boiler.....is it a good one?? I was getting "baffled with science" from the guy that came....on about "intelligent system", and I actually found the bit about it always being on a bit worrying....couldn't figure out how I could use less gas by using the boiler more!!!

If you do know this model, can you tell me if they can be wall mounted under a worktop? That's where the old boiler is, and I'm hoping the new one can go in there as well, out of the way.

Anyway, sounds like I'm going into hawk, again lol.

Thanks for all your help

I just didn't realise it was going to be this much bother, I really wish they would give more advise at source....b4 they take your money :cry:

Cheers :D [/img]

B&Q have a 90-day money back guarantee - so even if you just "change your mind" they'll take it back.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,
but unfortunately, due to where I live, B&Q want £50 to take the damn thing back!!
I'm just going to have to bite the bullet I reckon....it is true that the current system IS old, and probably SHOULD be replaced (listen to me trying to talk myself into it!) And maybe, it will save money on gas in the long run, if that's the case, then the saved cash will go towards the boiler payments :LOL: It will probably take me ages to get it set right...I'll either be freezing my butt off, or dying of heatstroke!

But I'll get there in the end....I Will Survive....now THAT, I'm good at :)

Once again, many thanks to all who pitched in and helped.....at least I know a bit more now than I did at the start of this.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back