what shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am experiencing big problems with my electric shower and from my limited knowledge i think it is to do with mains preasure .
The shower works reasonably well when no appliences are on [IE dish washer washing machine ] but any use of these or even a tap down stairs and the shower is all but useless . We also notice a marked improvement in performance if the neighbours are away.

The water system is boiler down stairs cylinder in aring cupboard upstairs, and cold water tank in the loft. At the moment the shower supply is off a T from the the mains into the the cold water tank.

I Need to replace the shower but what should i buy advice please anyone

THANKS TONYCR

Sponsored Links
You are probably on a shared main and it is very likely that your new shower will give you the same performance. :(

You could try opening your stoptap more fully (if not already fully open).

Don't have a shower when any other outlet is being used too! ;)

out the electric shower and use a power shower. thay feed from your cylinder and cws in loft. and they have their own inbuilt pump to give you your pressure.

or if you want to spend abit fit a thermostic mixer with a pump.

or a grohe or triton wireless showers. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back