Shower Drama - Please help!!

2 bar should be fine - an installer will check flow rate to ensure enough of this water will get through.

If you are, or become, registered disabled, are there any grants you can apply for?

Sponsored Links
I have been registered disabled now, but I'm not sure about grants etc. as I hadn't even thought of it!
I really was just trying to find the cheapest way to run a shower, which I blindly bought because it looked really cool, and I thought the hydrotherapy jets would help my sore joints LOL!!!
Can you give me a "NUTTER!!!" Hallelua!!

Trying to figure out where all the pipes are going, and what they're doing, is a nightmare.....we had a kitchen fire in 1993, so that took out the boiler, and the hot water tank above it. They put in new stuff, and new pipes.....but the old ones are still there, just capped off.....so I keep following pipes that lead nowhere.

Anyone need a holiday in Scotland???? (Working hol that is!!!)

Thanks again

Would love a holiday. Sadly not a gas fitter, so would be of no use to you really.

really was just trying to find the cheapest way to run a shower, which I blindly bought because it looked really cool, and I thought the hydrotherapy jets would help my sore joints LOL!!!

Probably bit late but you could keep your existing installation and go for a whirlpool bath, the water in your bath is just recirculated and it helps with all them aches n pains, trust me. Flog shower on Ebay. ;)

Sponsored Links
Probably bit late but you could keep your existing installation and go for a whirlpool bath, the water in your bath is just recirculated and it helps with all them aches n pains, trust me. Flog shower on Ebay. ;)

Nice idea, but I guess it's the getting in and out that'd be the problem.

Bungalow - d'oh! :oops:

Swidders, you make a good point about maintenance of the system, and given that it's not fully pumped it looks like switching to a combi may be a good idea. Provided that the OP has the money to do so, the mains supply is good enough, and the boiler is correctly sized of course.

Nice idea, but I guess it's the getting in and out that'd be the problem.

Yeah......getting in and out of a bath is the big problem for me now, hence the change to nice big shower that I can sit a chair in if I need it!! Right about now, I'm wondering if building a fire under the mains pipe would work tho LOL!!!

Any ideas on which is the cheapest way of the 2 suggested....1. change to a combi boiler.......or
2. Changing/moving tanks, putting in pump but keep existing system??

Thanks

Swidders, you make a good point about maintenance of the system, and given that it's not fully pumped it looks like switching to a combi may be a good idea. Provided that the OP has the money to do so, the mains supply is good enough, and the boiler is correctly sized of course.

Been there, done that Luv. ;)

Bungalow - d'oh! :oops:

Thanks Mogget,

Any suggestions of size of boiler that would be required? As you may have noticed, I've not got a clue, and I would hate to go for the wrong thing. I'm running 10 radiators, if that's any use to you?
As for cost.....oh,well, back to the bank manager I suppose :(

Bamber - you're always so far ahead of us in the game, Give us mortals a chance to catch up ;)

Good point about walk in baths, had forgotten about those. :oops:

Op - check the position on grants. If you don't ask, you definitely won't get. My sister went down with MS and had her house fully refurbished with new boiler and system, wet room, extention etc (got £120K in grants - only condition is that they can't sell up for 5 years). Although a different disability, there may be something there for you - social services would rather keep people in their own homes than find placements. Not that you're that incapacitated, and hopefully never will be, but it's worth a shout to the council and charities.

Thanks Mogget,

Any suggestions of size of boiler that would be required? As you may have noticed, I've not got a clue, and I would hate to go for the wrong thing. I'm running 10 radiators, if that's any use to you?
As for cost.....oh,well, back to the bank manager I suppose

Mogget suggested you buy a big cylinder. ;)

(1.5 bar min needed to run the tower).
One says I need to change to a combi boiler.....
By the way, I'm in a bungalow, hot water tank is in the loft, so I can't get it any higher to increase the preasure. Mains on street is 3 bar, and in house just over 2 bar, if that's any help.

How much more information do you need. :eek:

(1.5 bar min needed to run the tower).
One says I need to change to a combi boiler.....
By the way, I'm in a bungalow, hot water tank is in the loft, so I can't get it any higher to increase the preasure. Mains on street is 3 bar, and in house just over 2 bar, if that's any help.

How much more information do you need. :eek:

It's such a nightmare.....I only want a shower because I've been diagnosed with rheumatoid athritis
and
something I don't have to do a lot of clambering around for would be excellent.....I just had great difficulty getting the info I did from the loft!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back