Shower electrics in surface mount conduit

It's exactly as you have described in my house, no problems, actually looks quite neat. Certainly a better option than gouging your nicely tiled walls.

Actually, sorry, it's trunking in my house, not conduit. It's butted up against the ceiling and the shower case (at the top and the bottom) and sealed around with a bit of white mastic. The bottom of the trunking is cut at a slight angle to match the shower case.

Sponsored Links
because the shower is designed to accept trunking.
Mine isn't. Mind you, it's not designed to accept conduit either.

No, they're not designed to accept trunking. They're designed to accept a cable and a pipe! The trunking (or conduit) is a way of getting the water and electricity supplies to the shower whilst providing physical protection, and also some cosmetic benefits. The trunking sits flush against the shower, the pipe and cable pass through pushouts in the case, then the trunking is sealed against the case to prevent water ingress.

Sponsored Links
everythings possible, it's just a matter of mess.

It would be best to whip out a couple of tiles, and bury the cables, and go in from the rear (ooh err), neater, and safer, - lets face it who wants pipes and conduit visible in a shower-cubicle?

(i am assuming you dont live in a crack-den)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back