Shower enclosure at the end of the bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that we have a combi-boiler, I have removed (most of) the airing cupboard & hot water tank, and it's a perfect space for a shower.
We shall be replacing the old bath with a new one at the same time.
The walls shown behind and to the right of the shower are stud + lath-&-plaster (both sides).

Q.1.. What would you suggest for the end panel between bath & shower ?

Q.2 The gap between the existing end wall and the end of the bath is 1368mm - would I get a 1400 shower in there? Do they make a 1300 ? What do I do with the gap ?

Q.3 What should I do with the existing lath-&-plaster walls ?
a. Strip off the existing, then clad with hardybacker?
b. Clad the existing with hardybacker?
c. Tank the existing?

Q4. Where should I position the mixer-tap ?

Q5. Where should I position the isolation valves ? The supply pipes and waste (I reckon) would run under the bath, crossing each joist, so the shower would need to be raised.

Q6. What would YOU do ?

All comments / suggestions welcome ! Please ?

Sponsored Links
You can buy 1300 trays and enclosure very easily :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shower-En..._Bathroom_Shower_Units_PP&hash=item3ce69fb7fe

I would create the space needed at the end of the bath for the tray with a partition of 3X2 timber and line it with Aquapanel or similar and use the same, if space allows, on any existing studwork.
The mixer taps can go either end and the head unit for the new shower could be sited on the far right hand side with the plumbing placed in the new airing cupboard along with any isolating valves etc for ease of access. The tray could be built up without problem too.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back