Shower enclosure not a snug fit to the tiled wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
After the nightmare of making a level plinth to mount my shower tray on, I am now faced with the dilema of an uneven wall.
I have a 2 sided shower enclosure - one end fits perfectly to the wall. The other is less than perfect because the wall slants.
Basically, the end of the shower enclosure fits snugly to the wall at the top of the enclosure, but as you follow the end of the enclosure down it eventually reaches the tray but 2 inches away from the wall.
can anyone recommend any techniques for filling this gap?
I've thought about cutting a length of wood to fill the gap, cover it with aluminium or plastic flashing and then attach that to the wall and enclosure.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
thats a lot to make up. normally i chop out the wall so the tray sits into the wall....do half on one side and half on the other....but 2 inches sounds alot.......try what in suggesting. make sure the is still room for the tiles to sit on the tray...

if not get a plasterer in and get the wall sorted

I don't mean to be rude or doubt your abilities but a 2" deflection over that length sounds very unusual - are you sure that the other section of the screen is absolutely vertical - if it isn't then this could be pulling the other section away from the wall. Check with a decent spirit level if in doubt.

Good luck!

Why not dot and dab a sheet of plasterboard on the wall then tile straight on top of the plasterboard, this should make up your 2".

Sponsored Links
Guys
Thanks for your advice.
The house is 100+ years old and the previous owners seemed to cut a lot of corners hence the wall sloping at an amazing degree!
Anyway, I cut into the wall which did the trick.
What I wasn't expecting was the shower enclosure to be manufactured incorrectly and be too big for its doors....great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back