Shower tray, need to adapt/fill slightly to fit enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slightly odd sized wide rectangular shower tray (1690x800 approx) that I couldn't find an enclosure to exactly match, and purchased one that fits the best. It's a 3 panel enclosure with 2 glass sides because the shower tray is not in a corner.

The problem is that the lip of the shower tray (where it sinks a bit to the area that holds the water) at one end starts just before the enclosure finishes, bit it's only 10mm out if that.

The depth of the sunken bit at this side is only around 3mm to 5mm (it curves slightly), and I'd like to fill in this shallow 10mm gap along the edge to extend where lip starts and make up the distance so it is within the enclosure.

What I'm not sure about is if simply filling it with sealant would be the best, or try to use a flexible plastic strip with perhaps rubber lip coupled with sealant under it, or if there is some sort of other solidifying liquid that would fill the gap sufficiently? The shower tray is plastic so I'm looking for a solution that would bind well to it. Perhaps it may need sanding to rough it up first.

I wonder if anyone had advice?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back