Shower flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a megaflow unvented system. Pressure at outside taps is 3.5 bar. I use a shower on the bath taps at the moment with a really nice shower head that outputs 14l/min According to stats which I get.

I am having a new shower system bought as a package with a thermostatic mixer with overhead shower and hand shower. The one I want has an output at each head of about 11l/min. If I look at the included thermostat which can be bought on its own it states max 16l/min.

Can I put my existing shower head on as the hand shower part of new shower and get near my 14l/min?

all the products I am talking about including existing shower head are Hansgrohe.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the thermo valve has a rated output of 16L/min and the water supply will supply the valve adequately, then all things being equal there's absolutely no reason the 14L/Min couldn't be reached, if the shower head is full flow then it may even reach the valves max rated output.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back