Flow reducer on shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to install a thermostatic mixer with a rainshower head and normal showerhead. I've got a 210L(there abouts) unvented cylinder, which has 3.1 bar pressure. I've measured the flow from the bath tap to be around 21L/minute.

Looking to install a hansgrohe shower select which can apparently supply 24L/min, with a raindance 240mm showerhead which will apparently chuck our 18L/min. This mixer has been chosen cause it will supply 2 outputs at the same time, looks nice and isn't made in china. Unfortunately it also has only off or on options. No ability to control flow.

I'm a bit concerned about the wife emptying the hot water tank in one shower when she has to shave her legs or clean her unmentionables.

Anyone got any experiences with rainshower with flow reducers? I've seen hansgrohe sell a shower with one fitted (the ecosmart models) which drop it down to 9L/min or would I be better off getting one of those after market dealies?

I could install a valve to control flow to the shower, but being realistic there is nothing to stop her just opening it up.

Sponsored Links
I suspect a rainshower head will be disappointing with a 9lt/min flow.
Any chance of fitting a bigger cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back