Shower Glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am fitting a shower upstairs and the pipework is already there as it looks like the bath used to be there.

I plan to fit a false wall at the rear and a glass screen to the left.

The problem I have is the ceiling angles down and so any screen off the shelf would be too high.

Should I purchase a 8mm screen for £50 and get it cut down or get a screen made at a glaziers.

Also not to sure what to do at the front maybe a door cut to shape?
Can you see any problems in my plans?

IMG_18252_zps38b3a318.jpg
[/url]

Sponsored Links
I would make that a walk in wet room style shower then no need for a tray or a shower door /enclosure

Thanks

I would like that and I will be tiling the whole bathroom with Limestone tiles.

Are these really OK to self fit as I heard they leak easy, Would something like This be OK.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
yep that would do it but there are loads of different ones, they only get a bad name for leaking because of poor installations, I have fitted 4 different ones and never had a leak yet and I am a gas engineer not a plumber and would never profess to be a plumber, just follow the instructions and seal everything properly and you will be fine

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian I will give it a go.

I am OK with plumbing and tiling so hopefully will be good.

I will let you know how I get on it will be a few weeks as it's the guest bathroom so won't be rushing.

:D

You need to be aware the glass used for shower screens is toughened heat treated glass. This is done after cutting and drilling etc so if you try and cut it down it will shatter into a million pieces!!!

However if you want toughened glass, and it must be for a shower screen, then it has to be made to size and with all fixing holes drilled and then heat treated to be toughened.

Hope that helps.

Just a tip Mark make sure there is no play whatsoever in the floor before you install the wet room membrane as it is movement that causes the leaks that you have heard about, use screws or ring shanks for everything dont use nails to secure the flooring as they can work loose

Good Luck and have fun doing it

Thanks for the advise guys.

Not going down the screen route now and will make sure the floor is screwed down. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back