Shower Head Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower was going cold after about 2 minutes. Did an experiment and discovered the boiler was actually shutting down so that was why. After about a minute it would fire up again and the cycle restarted. Read on various forums that some shower heads will restrict the flow of hot water (cos holes too small) and the boiler, as a safety mechanism, will shut down if the water is not taking away the heat fast enough. Is this right? This is supported by the fact that when I took the head off, the boiler was fine. Does anyone know what kind of shower head I could buy that would prevent this from happening again?

Sponsored Links
You don't say whether its a fixed or hand held showerhead. If it's handheld then a mira beat is a good bet.

Indeed. Although I'm assuming from the behaviour that it's a combi of some sort.

Perhaps we should have a sticky for 'relevant information to include with your post'.

Sponsored Links
Yes apologies it's a condensing Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior and it's a hand-held shower head in shower enclosure. Thanks

It's 10 years old. There is no issue with all the taps in the house btw.

Hi guys thought of trying something else: increasing the water flow in the shower by simply turning on the tap more...it worked! Hopefully will stay that way when I have a shower. Thanks for all the suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back