Shower heads with stop facility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased a shower head which has a stop facility, on using the stop facility the pressure in the electric shower built up and the pressure relief device activated, (it only activates once then needs replacing)
My question is are these types of shower head a dangerous to the user with electric showers.

If the water flow is stopped at the shower head is there the potential for the water remaining in the heat exchanger to rise to a dangerously high temperature.
Whilst the flow switch would turn off the power to the heating element the latent heat remaining in the element would still heat the water within the heat exchanger to a potentially high temperature, if the shower head is then turned back on at the head there is the potential to scold the person in the shower.
Whilst this unit has caused damage to my shower, what concerns me more is that this shower head could cause injury.
Am I correct in my assumption?

Sponsored Links
My question is are these types of shower head a dangerous to the user with electric showers.
no just pointless
If the water flow is stopped at the shower head is there the potential for the water remaining in the heat exchanger to rise to a dangerously high temperature.
not really cause the tco will activate and stop the power to the heating elements.

Whilst the flow switch would turn off the power to the heating element the latent heat remaining in the element would still heat the water within the heat exchanger to a potentially high temperature, if the shower head is then turned back on at the head there is the potential to scold the person in the shower.
Whilst this unit has caused damage to my shower, what concerns me more is that this shower head could cause injury.
Am I correct in my assumption?

shouldn't use a showerhead not reccommended for that type of shower in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back