Triton Trance 2nd Generation Shower not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the shower head on my Triton Trance 2nd Generation for a Stone Stream one.
After 2 weeks my shower has suddenly stopped heating the water and making a weird noise.
My electrician says probably the element and could be replaced but as expensive, or more, than buying new shower.
This shower is 3 and half years old so reluctant to get new one.
Any thoughts on way to fix?
Could the new shower head have caused the problem?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Changing the shower head for one that is not a Triton ,may well have created a problem. If it restricts the flow enough ,excessive temperature can build up inside the shower and its safety cut out will intervene. This is NOT re- settable and would have to be replaced. It could of course be the elements ,but as it has two ,its unlikely that both would fail at the same time.
You could contact triton ,who can provide you with costs of an engineer to visit / repair , or buy a new shower. My advice is buy a new shower ,and don't modify it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back