our triton shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone advise me please?

we have a Triton trance which has ceased to function & was advised to buy another shower, rather trying to source the parts. as it is the original 1st generation triton trance, there fore I made my way down to B&Q and purchased a Triton trance 2nd generation new shower.

My hope is that this will be a straight swap over.

the 1st generation shower was a 8.5kw
the 2nd generation is a 9.5 kw
I have checked the circuit board which says it is a 40kw 30Ma & 230kw??
it makes no sense to me I haven't had a chance to check the cable.

the thing I need to know is ................
as this is my 1st time fitting a shower, do you think that this will be a straight swap for the old one? and any advice as to doing this would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I think it's more likely 40A, 30mA and 230v, referring to the supply current, RCD rating and supply voltage respectively.

Is the shower circuit protected by an RCD? What rating is the MCB for the shower circuit and what conductor size is the cable? Where exactly does the cable run (loft, cavity, trunking, etc) and how long is it?

thanks for the "gobbldey gook" lol most of your reply meant nowt to me...some people might think its a girl here asking questions :D all i am really wanting to know is..will my new triton fit all the existing fixtures and "should" it be a straight swap over.....say yes pleeeease say yes...thanks matt

If you could take a picture of your fuseboard/consumer unit and meter area showing closeups of where the shower circuit switch is we may be able to help more.

Basically you are going to be drawing an extra kilowatt of power through your existing cables and they really do need to be up to the job!

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add

8.5kw @ 230v is 37amps
9.5kw @ 230v is 42amps

will my new triton fit all the existing fixtures
Consider it a bonus if it does.

Don't be disappointed if it doesn't.

and "should" it be a straight swap over
Electrically it'll probably be OK, assuming it's OK now, i.e. that the 40A breaker is appropriate for the existing cable, but now is the time to check that. I know that kkynaston said that 9.5kW @ 230V is over 40A, but I doubt that 9.5kW is the rating of your shower at 230V...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back