Shower leaking cold water when switched on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

So............ this new house of mine keeps turning up surprises by the day. The electric shower (cold water feed - Triton Trance 2nd Generation) is leaking cold water when its switched on. It's coming from the bottom of the unit.

Any advice \ idea what it could be before I start poking around in there?

Cheers in advance people?

Sponsored Links
Pressure relief valve kaput .

Ah!!!

Wonder if I've broken this inadvertently when I've been turning the stop cock\inlet screw on and off whilst fixing the washers in the kitchen taps. The water pressure at the house is pretty strong - and I don't have a pressure regulator valve or gauge. I wonder if the flow\inlet valve was set optimally and I've turned it fully on - and as a result forcing too much pressure though and it's popped the PRV??!!

Sponsored Links
Doubt it ,usually goes when shower head has a build up of limescale and restricts the water getting out ,but it can go when a sudden rush of water pressure goes thru the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back