Triton shower running hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I know this topic has been covered many times, but I've tried the common solutions with no luck.

I have a Triton Trance 2nd Generation electric shower. It's getting on a bit ... I've had it 5 years since buying the house, not sure how long the previous owner had it.

It's started to cycle from hot to cold randomly. Sometimes it never gets hot at all, just freezing cold. Other times it will heat for a while, then go cold again.

I've check the inlet filter and it's perfectly clean. I've run it with the hose and head removed ... it doesn't help.

The low pressure light does not come on at any point. The water from the tap runs fine. There is no correlation with other appliances using water at the same time.

The only difference recently is I've had the central heating on a lot more, but like I say, there is no link between the heating being on or off, and the shower playing up.

Have I missed something? Or does this sound like a case of an old shower packing up?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A - Triton are really crap
B - Cold weather plays havoc as electric are fed with cold water only and heat as it goes through.
C- If its old its probably a 7.5kw shower, now most are 10.5 meaning they cope a little better.
D - Thermostat could be on its way out.

Dont get a triton if you can help it.

Sponsored Links
check the condition of the outlet tco wiring and connections.
look for blackening around the connections on tco.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back