Triton T100xr cycling hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the 2nd unit I've had now that cycles hot and cold. When it goes cold it usually only stays that way for a second. The 1st unit pretty much burnt out with the live wire melting through and burning the plastic. I sent a picture to triton but they weren't bothered.

Anyway ive read that it could be the thermal cut out valve. Is there anyway to check this?

If it is the pcb obviously ill be getting a new one. The problem is im very limited to space as the shower screen is very close and the water pipe and electric inlet has to be in the same place.

Can anyone recommend another shower (not triton) that would have similar inlets?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
Ye the cable is the correct size ive taken the filter out on cleaned it a couple of times and clean the shower head nearly every week.

Its getting really anoying now ill try the showerdoc thanks for that

You checked the hose ? the internal hose maybe collapsing.

cycling hot/cold is due to a reduced/restricted flow causing the tco to activate.

Sponsored Links
Ye hose is brand new. I kept my old shower because I reported it to triton when the live wires burnt through! That also use to cycle hot and cold so I thought id test the continuity on that tco. It seemed to be fine so Im thinking that the tco might be ok on this one too.

If thats the case what else could it be? We do suffer from limescale here so is there anything I can do to stop it blocking if thats whats going on?

Cheers

Forget the tco that's working as the shower is getting hot.
A tco either works or it doesn't.
The tco is cycling on the first stage, so it will keep resetting it's self.
Only when the tco hits the second stage it totally fails and the shower will remain cold.

Are you getting a low pressure neon come on at all when it cycles hot/cold ?
If not forget the pcb that won't cause cycling.

How old is the shower you are now using ?
Has it ever been ok ? as you say the old shower had the same problem.

As said cycling is caused by reduced flow through shower.

Try shower with head off only new hose.
Check stopcock is fully open
Check any isolation valves on shower supply are fully open and not restricting flow.
Filter is clean.

Hi

The low pressure light doesnt come on. The shower is just over 2 years old and the stop cock and isolation valves are definatly open. The filter was only cleaned a couple of months ago.

It was fine until it was just out of warranty. Its getting really annoying now. If I have to buy a new 1 ill struggle to find 1 that will fit the space issues. However, I dont want to have the same problem if its limescale clogging it up.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back