Triton Ivory 2 Cold shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Triton Ivory 2 electric shower installed that literally does not get hot. The pressure and flow from the shower is fine. It could be better of course, but it will suffice. Even with the shower on the highest setting (10) the water remains cold. The only way we can have a relatively warm shower is too have the cold water tap in the bathroom running at the same time. I assume that this is reducing the volume of cold water entering the shower and allowing it to heat up quicker. Without running the cold water tap, even after a minute or so the shower does not get hot.

Is there a part I can buy/replace that will remedy the problem. Can't afford to purchase/install a new unit.

Strange this is that last year when we had our old bog standard boiler the shower was fine. Now that we have a new condensing/combi boiler the shower is freezing.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
We've never had it on any other setting other than 10 as anything below 10 does not get hot at all...even with the cold water tap running.

Just tried reducing the power from 10 down through to 1 and then back up again to test flow. There is a slight reduction in the flow when switched to 10, but 9-1 and then 1-9 seems to have very little affect upon the flow rate.

1 should be powerful 10 should reduce right down to no more than a slow flow.

not seeing the shower operating sounds like a Stabiliser valve fault.

how olds the shower ?
have you a multi meter ?

Sponsored Links
Don't know for sure how old shower is. It was already installed in the bathroom when we bought the house in Aug 2007, so I would imagine it is a least 3-4 years old.

I don't have a multimeter, but my girlfriend's Dad might have one. If I could get use of one, what do I need to do?

If I can't get hold of multimeter, any suggestions. Thanks for taking some to respond to these questions.

check both tco's have continuity on them.
check both heating elements are getting power when on high setting.
also check the resistance of both elements with mains power off.

each element should read between 10 - 18 ohms each.
when checking the bottom tco check for burn marks on the wires.

if you can't get a multi meter i can only go on what your saying with the flow of the water when you test it between 1 - 10
and no alteration in flow points to a stabiliser fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back