shower help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anybody help me please?
I have had the same shower in my bathroom for over 10 years with no problems, up till 5 months ago. 5 months ago I had a combi boiler fitted, now when I try to shower I have to have the dial right up to the hottest setting to get any warmth out of the shower at all. It still isnt very hot whatsover. Can anybody shed any light on this problem please, before I call my plumber back in. Thanks. Judy :D

Sponsored Links
Is there anything else using water while the shower is on :?:

It is an electric shower I presume :?:

Wake up B! Combi boiler!
Does it get hotter if you turn the flow down?
Combis have limited HW output

Hi, thank you both for replying to my question, it is an electric shower and it doesnt seem to get any hotter however you play with the dials. I have noticed thou it takes ages to get hot water out of the taps now , it isnt instant like i was led to beleive with combi boilers. There is nothing else running off the water as I even tell the family not to pull the flush or turn on any appliances whilst in the shower. I hope that helps a bit more. Thanks for your advise.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a new shower to me as you have had it for 10 yrs. Combi would not affect its performance.

Heating element or thermostat can be changed on your shower but may be false economy :(

Thank you for your reply , i was dreading you would say that , as i have just had it all tiled in my bathroom , I am hoping he wont break the tiles if I have to have a new one. Oh well , thanks for trying for me thou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back