aqualisa shower

Gra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,can anybody help me please,i have an aqualisa shower fitted.Its not a power shower,nor an electric shower&is fitted into the wall with all pipework behind the tileing.The problem I have is that when the showerhead is in its holder,the water is stone cold,but when you take the showerhead and hold it low down or place it in the shower tray,the water gets hot again.Im assuming the shower has been fitted since the house was built approx 8yrs ago and we have had no problems with it since moving in in august untill yesterday.Any help or suggestions please would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sometimes thermostatic valves get a bit 'arthritic' and fail to respond correctly as limescale builds up in them. If you are lucky, swinging the temperature control from minimum to maximum a few times can coax them back to life. IIRC Aqualisa used to recommend this as a monthly maintenance routine.

Its also worth cleaning the shower head, making sure there's no blocked holes.

Are the hot and cold water pressures at the shower the same, or is the cold water pressure higher than the hot pressure?

Hey thanx for your reply! The shower head&hose are alll spotlessly clean.The hot water pressure has never been as strong as the cold,even downstairs.I have played about with the temp control and swung it from side to side and l supprise supprise it seems to have worked! fanbloodytastic ! I guess the valve must be on its way out,is it a big job to change it? do you have any idea were it is located? Im guessing i would have to take the front off the tap,surely it cannt be behind the tiles and buried in the wall???

I guess the valve must be on its way out
don't mean its on its wayout its just people never really move them and tend to leave on one setting so in the end they stick in one place.

is it a big job to change it?
many times just like yours they can be removed and soaked overnight in scale remover etc and they are as good as new.

do you have any idea were it is located? Im guessing i would have to take the front off the tap,surely it cannt be behind the tiles and buried in the wall???

if yours is a concealed shower then yes it needs stripping down and the fascia wall plate removing etc.

Sponsored Links
thanx for your reply,thank god i dont have to remove the tiles to get to it! was rather worried about having to take the whole bathroom apart to get to it!

It doesn't necessarily mean the mixer valve needs cleaning or it's on it's way out - it may just need the occasional bit of exercise to keep everything in working order - a bit like people do!

If the monthly 'routine maintenance' doesn't work, then it's time to consider further steps.

Hello please can anyone advise me on what to do with my shower which has stopped working.
In the shower cubical is a casing containing a motor and a pump, up above in the roof space is the transformer and the water is heated elsewhere in the main tank.
For no reason the pump has stopped working, I've removed the outer cover of the casing and can see no reason for the motor to have stopped. If I switch the electricity off at the mains and run the shower the water comes trough ok and when I run it again with the mains on there is a noise from the motor/pump unit which leads me to believe the transformer is working correctly.
Would it be possible that the bushes in the motor have burnt out? There is no burning smell at all.
I'm not working at the moment and can't afford to buy a new unit or to employ a plumber.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards Brian

Hi Brian, appreciate the subject may be related but I would recommend that you start a new thread with your query. Just cut 'n' paste your question into a new post.
The pump could have gone, or something could have jammed it, crud/grit, but it would need isolated and stripped to check.

Thank you Rob, I was awear that the thread was an old one but When I tried to open a new post it asked me to list the people who could view the thread. Obviously I'm not familiar with the workings of the site.
Thanks again for your help.
Brian
Ps do you believe it's more than likely the pump is jammed rather than the motor bushes being wore out?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back