Shower/house pump dilemma, easy difficult job? Questions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re fitting my bathroom, Ive fitted a new gravity fed mixer shower and mixer taps on the bath & sinks etc.

The cold water is fed from a storage tank (2m head) and feeds just the shower, bath and bidet. The hot water feeds the whole of the house from the storage tank in the airing cupboard on the same floor as the bathroom.

The new taps are all ceramic disc type ideally needing 1.5bar (thats more than the gravity system is providing I think as the flow is a lot slower than the previous standard taps)

My question is can I buy a pump that will work effectievly and increase pressure/flow in the bathroom given the above plumbing arrangment. It is the hot water side which concerns me given that the whole of the house is fed from the one tank so I guess the pump would switch every time a hot water tap anywhere in the house was operated.

Finally if it is workable where would the ideal place be in terms of levels etc to site the pump.

Hopefully you may be able to assist

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back