Shower Identification Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's one to test your knowledge! I have a leaking thermostatic shower which, if I knew what make it was, I could look at getting a new cartridge for. However, there are no markings on it at all indicating the make, let alone the model. Does anyone recognise what it might be from these pictures?

Here's hoping!

Pictures in the 'Shower Mystery' folder of //www.diynot.com/network/Lemond2008/albums/

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Nice one - looks like that could be it. Uploaded another image showing the coverplate. I'll google some more info on that model and see if I can confirm your excellent response!

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! So at about £130 for a cartridge, is it worth replacing totally? The 'leak' is that it drips really badly when turned off. I've checked the main o-rings on the cartridge and they look basically OK (although I haven't replaced them). For a dripping unit, is it likely to be the actual cartridge, or the seal of the cartridge to the main body - the main body looks like there are a couple of score-marks internally........

You should be able to cure the leak by a strip down and a service kit (new seals)

I'd be inclined to contact sirrus first and maybe a pic/serial no they can id the shower for sure.

Thanks for that - I've ordered a new seal kit, so hopefully that will sort it!
Your a *

Ok hope it's correct.

If i remember the kit covers a few models so not all seals are used.
so lay them out on the table and match them as you go.

Shower still dripping dispite new seals, and only just got around to looking at it again! (can isolate fairly easily, so been doing that!). Now I've also found a correct section view of the shower unit, I can see which o-ring is tha main seal - I've looked at the seat where this o-ring seals and there is quite a deep (0.5mm) score mark in it which I think is causing the dripping. Does anyone know whether you can reseat these type of shower units as you would a normal tap?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back