Shower inlet fitting options

10 Dec 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Im having a bit of trouble connecting the water supply on my new shower unit
The old unit was a top or bottom entry as shown here

The new shower unit has a left or right water entry and the center of the inlet pipe on the new unit is 21mm away from the face of the tiled surface of the wall. The design of the unit means i dont have the clearance or flex in the pipe to allow me to connect an elbow to the new unit

Is it feasible for me to connect a very short length of pipe to the elbow coming directly out from the wall, then connecting another elbow to that at 90 degrees in order for me to make a connection to the new unit.
Also, would i need to use a specific type of pipe or will either plastic or copper be sufficient?

The other option would be to use a special compression fitting.....
I had a look for compression fittings that go through 90 degrees in both directions but i dont think anything like that exists?

Hopefully this image makes sense of what im trying to achieve

Sponsored Links
I'd use copper pipe as if you use plastic you have to use inserts and that means the short piece of pipe can't be very short.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links