Shower install advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice please.

Recently bought some shower panels (plastic) to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this?

I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where near as good and will just lead to problems down the line. Am I worriying about nothing or do I need to take the panels off to put the trim on.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It it just covering trim or is it actual corner/jointing seals etc. Guess it depends on how well it's installed, if it's a tongue and groove then no real need to worry about the flat joins as some sealer should have gone in that. If there's any movement in the corners though, if there are any, then that's where I've seen problems occur.

Seen both approaches, no corner seal and a corner seal. I guess the question is why the trim wasn't used if you supplied them and what they said when it became apparent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back