Shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently purchased my first house and now looking to get the bathroom updated ASAP.
Currently we don't have a shower in the bathroom, so installation will be from scratch.

Ideally we want a 9.5kw electric shower installing on an external cavity wall, would this, from a plumbing perspective, cause any problems in comparison to installing on an internal wall?
We would like the pipes fully embedded into the wall.

Must apologise in advance if my nativity has missed any important info, just let me know.

Sponsored Links
Why 9.5kw? Even a 10.5kw electric shower is kakk compared to a 'proper' shower.

What heating system do you have? Is it feasible to fit a mixer shower.
We have an electric shower, but I will be replacing it with an Inta Coolflow Safetouch (granddaughter comes to stay frequently, mixer surface stays cool) thermostatic bar-type shower.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies.

I would love a proper shower, but the hot water pressure upstairs is abysmal.
Currently have a gas combi boiler located in the ground floor kitchen while the bathroom is on the 1st floor. All water feeds upstairs are from the rising main, there are no water tanks in the loft or elsewhere.

Without replacing the boiler (Which I'm not planning to do) I have always assumed there is no way of improving the pressure/flow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back