Shower issues - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to the forum so hope I am posting in the correct place.
We have an aqualisa quartz electric shower 9.5kw, it’s 2 years old.

When turning the shower on recently the pressure was very low, the water then stopped and the unit sounded like it was boiling up, it suddenly squirts out scalding water and then flow stops again.
We had a plumber friend look at it and said that we needed a new shower. New one fitted and the shower did exactly the same thing again.
We have changed head and hose as well.
Can anyone give any advice.

Thank you in advance

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/shower-issues-help.539631/#ixzz6EoTQNAnr

Sponsored Links
Check your stopcock is fully open, check the inlet filter if one's fitted, check for restrictions in the pipework. Has the voltage been checked for? Has the water undertaker dropped the supply or is there a burst main anywhere affecting this? Is it just the shower affected?

Thank you. I will check to see if these things were checked

Sponsored Links
You want to check the feed to the shower is clear and supplying enough water at mains pressure, almost sounds like it's being fed from a cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back