Shower leaking from control unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok. I moved in not so long ago. There is an Aqualisa shower leaking from control unit. I'm guessing it needs a new cartridge.

The problem is it looks as though it has been leaking for a while as it is covered in black mould which I can't get off! This is on the control unit by the way.

Anyway had a guy round to get a quote for new shower unit and he said it would involve knocking a hole to access the back of the shower unit... Or something along those lines... I may have misunderstood but I definitely heard the word hole! Why is this necessary to replace something that is already there?

How easy is it to remove one of this and just pop an updated model in? Surely it's gotta be cheaper than replacing the parts...

Sponsored Links
Replacing a cartridge will not fix a leak from the mixer body.

Without knowing more about the installation it's difficult to offer assistance.
Pictures always help.

Replacing a cartridge will not fix a leak from the mixer body.

Without knowing more about the installation it's difficult to offer assistance.
Pictures always help.

There are a few posts online saying that these are prone to leak in use from the unit so the chances are its probably the case... Will have to upload a pic when I get back from work.

Tried mould cleaner on it but its been left to rot for years by the look of it :-s

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back