Shower leaking through to downstairs ceiling and adj floor!

BBD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I have a leak from my shower cubicle in the bathroom which has leaked through to our kitchen ceiling (ceiling has gone brown with water marks and is still damp/moist). It has also leaked through to the adjacent bedroom as the carpet in the bedroom directly behind the shower cubicle has gone brown and is still damp even though I have tried drying it.

I haven’t used the shower for a few days (I have a separate en-suite, thankfully), but the carpet in the bedroom is still wet and the ceiling downstairs is wet also. This leads me to believe that there may be a leak underneath the shower tray? The sealant in the shower tray appears to be okay but I have notice a few cracks in the grouting on the wall tiles. Could this be a factor? If so, why hasn’t the wall next door been affected, only the carpet?

I don’t have a clue as to what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Well it sounds to me like the trap or the waste pipe under the shower tray is leaking. Possibly a joint has moved or come adrift. If you can't get at it from the ceiling below then the shower tray will have to come up.

Hope that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back