Shower mate twin impeller pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower mate S2.6 bar twin impeller pump to swap like for like. Is it usually just to isolate the incoming supplies which are on flexis with a plastic iso valve and swap the pump leaving the flexis in place .

Sponsored Links
It's that kind of pump. A like for like swap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720_203147_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200720_203147_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 212
Not quite no, you have to isolate the supplies from the cold cistern and the hot cylinder going to the flexi's ( in case the old one don't isolate properly) and then remove the old pump and flexi's as long as the (gate) valves are working ok.

You then fit the new flexi's to the new pump and then fit the new pump and flexi's to the supply.

Ah so you steer away from using the plastic isolate valves? I think the pump is only a few years old.

Sponsored Links
Can I also ask with the connections on to the pump from the flexis being plastic nuts do they just require as tight by hand then say 1/4 turn with grips. To not damage the plastic. Thanks

Do you also recommend fitting an inline strainer to the supply pipe? The impeller has shatterd on the previous pump so I think the likely cause if dirt from the tank?

Yes, plastic fittings are hand tight and a little extra nip. Plastic ISO valves are notoriously dodgy but with a shower pump they're used for that application and shouldn't need used much so are deemed suitable for that job.

Your pump or hoses should have strainers/filters already fitted.

The impeller shattering is usually down to air in the supply water, the edges of the impeller can cause cavitation and that sets up a resonance that can shatter the plastic impeller. Always best to use brass impellers for longevity, that and they can stand up to a bit more abuse.

What side shattered, the hot side?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back