Shower Mixer Fixing

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought the following shower mixer :
Grohe 33555002 Eurosmart New AP Single-Lever Mixer
But it doesn't come with any fixings that you see on other mixers I've seen on YouTube.
Surely, it can't just hang off the pipes?
Does anyone know if i need to buy the fixings separately and if so which ones?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it on a stud wall or solid wall.
Are you tiling it or is it already tiled?

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Stud wall.
Was going to use that multi board rather than water resistant boarding and tiles.
The water resistant ready made decorative boarding.

Sponsored Links
Also, if using shower panel, get the ply core not the MDF core. And make sure your walls are plumb or you'll have trouble getting the corner trims onto both boards.
You can use furring strips to get the walls plumb.

• Thanks
Thank you.
The corner joins do concern me with regard to how water proof they are.
Purposely bought a shower tray with upstands as no leaks is my priority.
No idea how plumb my walls are yet but suspect I'll find out when fitting the boards.
The bottom of the boards will cover the upstands which I'll sealant together.
But how good are the corner board joins?
Should I use silicon sealant with those too, as want to be as water tight as possible.

Watch a couple of YouTube vids...
Plumbers parts and skill builder.

Thin bead of silicone in all the joining strips before slotting onto boards or boards into them. Remember, your ceiling may also be out in places and this can cause issues with board heights on left and right sides. Go tight as possible and (scribing where necessary) and finish with a bead of silicone to hide gaps. If gaps are really noticeable then you can use a pvc cloaking trim (used on pvc windows) all around the top perimeter.
Use plenty of silicone (buy a box full of cheap stuff from magnet or Toolstation).
If you're going straight onto the studs, with no boarding behind, they need to be plumb or the shower panel won't grab onto them if distorted, it will want to spring away from depressions to retain its current plane.
Store boards flat in similar climate to install location for a couple of days so they don't warp or bow. Think about having some props sized to brace off opposite walls if required, while adhesive cures.

There are some really good high grab adhesives for these boards, especially if just sticking to studs. Do some research into best ones. I had some really good stuff supplied a few jobs back, but can't remember the product.

Cut boards with a skillsaw (from the back) for long cuts, and with a jigsaw (from the front WITH a down cutting blade) for scribing.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back