Shower mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel stupid asking this question but my brain hurts trying to figure it out. I'm installing a new shower base/cubicle/mixer valve but can't find any obvious means of getting the valve assembly securely fixed to the shower wall (similar to a Grohe Grohtherm 2000 exposed mixer valve - only a cheaper version). There are no backnuts or anything with the mixer valve just the 3/4 to 1/2 reducers and the shiny chrome cover roses to hide the holes through the shower wall. Help! :([/quote]

Sponsored Links
You could mount the mixer on a couple of wallplate elbows screwed to the wall behind the tiling etc.
p4751513_l.jpg

Now I really do feel stupid- many thanks TicklyT.

Taking your lead I've just had a look at the Screwfix website and found this...............

Shower Bar Mixer Shower Fixing Kit
Simplifies and improves the fixing of thermostatic bar valves. Suitable for any surface-mounted bar mixer or bath shower mixer with standard European connections. Strong, reliable fixing spreads load over wall surface.
Fast & Simple Water Connections
Suitable for Fixing to any Type of Cavity Wall Surface

I'll try at my local merchants to see what they've got as I need it in a hurry (Screwfix - 5 days delivery up here in the Highlands) but if not I'll use your solution - Many thanks TicklyT !

Sponsored Links
Hey TicklyT, just read my reply to your helpful post and the tone of it seems a 'bit off' - not intentional I swear! Your help is much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back