Grohe Shower Mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Grohtherm 1000 Mixer shower - The instructions are not the best!!!

It appear that the shower comes with two fittings, one to go through the wall or the other to fix straight onto the wall, with the pipes protruding underneath.

What I don't understand is how the mixer is secured on the wall. Do the pipes keep the mixer secure? Or have I got it totally wrong and I need both connectors, one to secure in the bathroom and the other to fix behind the wall and into a piece of wood etc?

Help very much welcomed.

Sponsored Links
I assume you have the bar mixer, you need the fitting kit to secure the mixer to the wall if using exposed pipe, or you need two secured feeds coming out of the wall, the mixer then fixes to the pipes.

For the last of these I used there was no bespoke fitting kit. You have to use wallplate elbows buried in the wall for buried pipes, or chrome ones scewed to the wall for surface pipes. The latter are available from where you got the mixer.
So yes, the pipes end up supporting the bar.
There IS now a plate you can get to fix to a wall and screw onto the rear unions. It was mentioned here recently, will seek reference. It was on a tools/hardware site...

Plumbcentre sell both types, you can use the external kit from the artisan bar mixer or the wall plate for the triton bar mixer.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
There IS now a plate you can get to fix to a wall and screw onto the rear unions. It was mentioned here recently

That was me:cool: . The product is available from Toolststion. Look up showers. A more elegant version is available from screwfix.

That's great, thanks very much. I really appreciate your time and advice.

Hi sorry to jump on this thread. I have exactly the same problem.Both links are dead any more advice would be appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back