Securing shower mixer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to securing a shower mixer? The mixer unit has two dog leg screwed connections. I am fitting the shower to a false wall made up of 12mm plywood so can get behind the wall.

I have run plastic pipe up the back of the false wall and secured the pipework with clips. However in the shower instructions it states to connect the mixer unit to a suitable screwed threaded connection and that will hold it in place. In other words the pipe work is taking the weight and supporting the shower mixer in position. Should I use copper connections rather than than plastic pipe and push fit to strenghen it or is there as much easier way to secure the unit?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
you can buy a expensive fixing kit or use a 1/2" wall back plate elbow (garden tap fixing) that will do the same job. you will need one for each side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back