Thermostatic Bath/Shower Mixer Tap Fitting Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a Hansgrohe thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap. I thought we'd have to buy a shower kit with riser rail and flexi pipe to go with it but, we stayed in a Travelodge recently and saw they had a Grohe thermostatic bath shower mixer - similar to the Hansgrohe one I've just bought - with a solid chrome pipe returning to the wall (instead of a flexi pipe) and then concealed pipework to a fixed shower head.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of what I'd need to do this (is it a kit or can I just buy the bits at a plumber's merchant?). The solid chrome pipe (which returned to the wall from underneath the tap, where the flexi pipe usually fixes on) still seemed to be attached with a threaded fixing?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I suppose it might help if you can show which mixer it is that you have bought.

As fas as connecting it to a rigid pipe, run that to the wall then run a fixed pipe up to the shower head should be pretty straightforward as long as it isn't a propriety connection. Just need to figure out that connection type and finding a suitable alternative that a pipe could be connected to if one is available.

Have you been onto Hansgrohe to see if they have a kit for it?

Dear Kaze,

Thank you for your question.
Please provide your contact details (with this post) to [email protected], ideally with the product details/product code of the bath shower mixer you have purchased, in order for us to support you further.

Hansgrohe UK Technical

It's good to see that the manufacturers read posts on this forum. All questions, problems, recommendations and complaints should be taken into account and hopefully benefit the customer, the installer and the manufacturer. Well done Hansgrohe UK Technical.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back