Shower mixer needing repainted...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I have a shower mixer that the paint has flaked off. This is the second time and initially it was replaced by the seller, but now is no longer stocked. Since it works with my pipe placements etc I plan to just refurbish the first one that I hung onto, but I need a steer for what paint to use. here it is....

It looks to be steel, and hasn't rusted so posdibly galvanised. When I sand off the intact paint it should be fairly smooth. I want a nice white satin flat finish, so am assuming spraying is best? And primer first, or all in one? And any advice for a paint for humid conditions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's much more likely to be an alloy of zinc, aluminium and other metals.

That will almost certainly be cast aluminium. Use an acid etch primer and top coat of choice spray can or brush. Can should give best finish provided you use light coats.

Is there any particular type of paint for the final coat though, given that it will be constantly wet/steamy, or is any spray suitable?

Sponsored Links
I would probably go for a spray enamel if possible. Just make sure its properly dry before using.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back