Shower mixer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mixer tap in my shower cubicle appears to be faulty. For the last few days it has not been possible to get the water temperature high enough. We have been in this house for 7 years and this is the first time we have had a problem. There does not appear to be any maker's name on the unit but it has two knobs, one above the other, the bottom one being the on/off knob. The one above is the temperature control knob, which has a red sliding button allowing you to turn the knob to the hotter positions.

I would appreciate some advice on the possible manufacturer of the mixer (I have browsed the internet but have not been able to find a mixer that looks like mine), or some suggetions as to what I might do to fix the problem. I have had the knob off and played around with the gubbins behind it, but it hasn't improved the temperature.

The water by the way is very hot and we have another similar shower in the house which is OK.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I have taken photos, but while I was doing so, I worked the inner plunger in and out vigorously several times and it seems to have improved things. I am going to have a shower and see if it is now OK. If not, I shall send the photos to the shower doc. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back