shower mixer tap-not doing it job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello me again

on my bath i have a shower mixer tap the kind that looks like a shower telephone

well when im running a bth its find but when i turn the nob to shower half the water comes out the shower and half come out the tap, is it a washer thats broken or do i need a new telephone tap?

when its on bath nothing comes out the shower

Sponsored Links
wow your not havin much luck.sounds like the divertor in the tap assembly needs looking at.should get yourself a boyfriend for a couple of weeks whos a plumber by sound of it :LOL:

i do have a boyfriend :S

but he doesnt do diy. i love doing it though and im darn good if i do say so meself. although i did fail to mention i sawed my leg when making my gate....

anywhoes, so do i turn my water off and take apart the tap, its just im sure sure what im looking for, is it another job for a professional?

i like your enthusiasim but be carefull youll only kick youself once youve taken things apart and waters spurting everywere when you put it back together(happens to the pros).then youll get the emergency charge a fortune jobo.if i was you id make a list of the little niggles that need doing, the boiler one of them :rolleyes: .get a decent guy in .pretty sure theres some decent people round your area.

Sponsored Links
thanks well i might have convinced my brother to drive 100 miles to fit me a new boiler hesa plumber and electritian.

says he can get one for 3-400 pounds is that good?

wish he didnt live so far will prob change his mind on sat lol

says he can get one for 3-400 pounds is that good?

have to say you get what you pay for .id look at around 700-900 for a decent boiler with kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back