Shower mixer taps, hot water overpowering the cold water....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumbing world, please help

I need to find a solution for a problem with the water temperature for a shower mixer tap.

The problem being when using the shower mixer tap the hot water over powers the cold water that gets so hot it’s very uncomfortable to use the shower. It doesn’t matter how much you adjust the hot and cold temperature the hot always over powers the cold.

The shower mixer taps seem basic budget taps.

The hot water comes from the boiler and the cold water comes from the cold water mains.

The boiler has been checked over and there is no problem there.

There also seems to be a difference in size of the pipes used for the hot and cold. The hot water pipe being slightly bigger than the cold water pipe.

From reading the above does anyone have a idea why I have this problem and possible solutions.

I’ve heard of a shower mixer tap that you can buy that has a thermostatic valve. Would this be a sure fix for my problem?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back